Going through my travel photos the last few months, I noticed that more than a few frozen drinks were consumed this summer. It seems that they’re enjoying a renaissance, and rightfully so because you know what? They’re delicious and they make me feel like a kid again…mostly because I know they’re probably really bad for me but I drink them up anyway.
- The New York Times did a good story on the return of the blender, which you can read here.
- On fineliving.com, there is a list of the Top 10 Frozen Drinks.
- Rusty Knot, 425 West St (West Side Highway, in W. Village), a “dive” bar from the owners of Spotted Pig and Freemans
- El Quinto Pino, 401 W. 24th St in Chelsea. Tiny, charming, romantic, TINY Spanish tapas spot that does a killer frozen horchata.
- Rayuela, 165 Allen St. in LES. Awesome, if really sweet, pina colada with a rum floater. You only need one, and at $15, it’s a good thing.